THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Scripture Series: In the Fear of the Lord Card---Join us for an Uplifting/Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Great Wednesday, everyone!  I'm back to showcase another inspirational card for our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  This week had been extraordinarily busy for me that there were times I purposely had to pause and communicate with my Father.  In the busyness of life, it's easy to get lost and forget what and Who is most important.  I am thankful to the Lord that He is constant and unchanging.  That  His love for me is not based on any human effort--but solely relies on the finished work of Jesus Christ.  If it was not so, I would be wondering, on a daily basis, whether I would be worthy to be in His presence when the time comes.  You see, as a believer of Jesus Christ and having a personal relationship with Him, there was a time in my walk with Him, that I didn't fully understand the extent of His sacrifice for me.  When testing came and I fell short (believe me, there were lots of those times), I was beating myself up because I knew  I was not worthy of His presence.  Although I knew what God wanted me to do yet selfish desires arose within me and allowed them to take over at some point.  Yet, in the midst of that, God wrote His Word in my heart.  Step by step, He reminded me of His faithfulness and in the midst of my stubbornness, He showed me compassion.  For my rebellion, He showed me love and in the midst of my breaking His heart,  He forgave me.  He never showed me how upset or disappointed He was of me.  In my Spirit, He looked at me without any condemnation and I remember seeing His wonderful eyes staring back at me with absolute forgiveness and reminded me that Jesus already bore all my sins (past, present and future) .  I thought He'd already left me alone but He stood by me.  He knew all along that I would go back to Him (like the prodigal son) and He'd welcome me with open arms---and HE DID!  As I mature in the faith through studying God's Word, these passages gave a whole new meaning in my life:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  (Romans 8:35-39)

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.  We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.  For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body.  So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." (2 Corinthians 4:8-12)

That is why I love the Word Art/verse we are sharing with you today.  It's about "fearing the Lord."  To fear Him is to give Him utmost respect, honor and love.  I remember my childhood days and how much I wanted my Dad's love and his approval in my life that it saved me from doing a lot of crazy things.  I respected my Dad and I want to show my love by honoring him with my actions.  I knew that if I disobeyed, there's consequences for my actions and wouldn't like to grieve my Dad.  Likewise, with our Father in Heaven.  Those who fear Him will save themselves from destruction as He becomes our refuge.  Every Word that comes out of God's mouth is filled with blessings and it would be wise for us to obey.  To rebel would be to get off a safe refuge where the enemy can easily devour us.  The enemy will not show mercy...

So, here's the card I came up with for our Word Art.  I used a Sassy Cheryl image (retired) called "Topiary Birdhouse Trio" and colored it with ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  My base card is a white 5.5" square white CS and used blue, yellow-green and more white CS for matting and layering.  I didn't stitch on this card so, I chose to stamp a fancy border around the card (from Fiskars), added some Recollection flowers and die-cut some leaves using MS Punch.  I added glitters (Stickles-Diamond),  Liquid Pearls and Imaginisce gems for dimension.  The wonderful embroidery border is a MS Deep Edge Punch.  I hope you guys like it. 


 IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD CARD:


  IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD CARD LAYERS:


 IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD CARD INSIDE:
 

 IN THE FEAR OF THE LORD CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


*** WANT THIS CARD?  AVAILABLE AT MY ETSY---HERE! *** 


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Make it Monday---Anything Goes
Sister Act---Anything Goes
Path of Positivity---Uplifting Post/Project
My Heart Pieces---Be Sentimental
Challenges 4 Everybody---Anything Goes
Rubber Buggy---Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodle---Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky---For the Girls
Crazy Challenge---Use Sentiments
Pause Dream Enjoy---Use Foam Tape
Inspire Me Fridays---Anything Goes
Paper Makeup Stamps---Anything Goes
TTCRD---Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine---Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen---Girls, Girls, Girls
Bearly-Mine---Color
Pile It On---Put a Bird on It
SweetPea Stampers---Birds of a Feather
Wags 'n Whiskers---Anything Goes
Frosted Designs---Punches
Crafting by Designs---Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge---For the Girls
Simon Says Stamp---Anything Goes
Clear it Out---Critters and Earth Tones
Crafty Boots---Rainbows
Creative Inspirations Paint---Anything Goes
Dream Valley---Animals
Everybody Art---Sketch

Make sure to join us in the WAW Challenge this week for there are 12 prizes to be won from our wonderful sponsors.  Pink Persimmon Stamps is going to give away 5 wonderful clear stamp packages to one blessed winner (these are priced and gorgeous stamps) and 11 others will win chipboard letters from Scripture by Design.  You are welcome to use our Word Art in your project but not a requirement.  You can enter up to 5 projects as long as it has uplifting/inspirational and family friendly messages.  I am excited to see what you come up with.  Have a blessed day and remember that God loves you!

32 comments:

  1. Another stunning card. Love your colouring. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fabulous card! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheerful card. Love it.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! So cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card. I love how you paired the bird houses with this verse. Very creative. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting By Designs.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiul card Jo Ann!!
    Love the colors!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The image you used to compliment this verse is wonderful. You were a rather busy lady last night with all these posts. Thanks again for joining us on the Path of Positivity.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, JoAnn! Love the scene and your design. Thanks for sharing with us at Wags n Whiskers. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    Hugs,

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card - great design and fabulous image too.

    Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. JoAnn,
    What a great card AGAIN. The five little birds, the matching pearl drops, the crisp clean lines of each die cut always set your cards a notch above. It is a beauty.
    Blessings,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us for the punches challenge at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute! I love your message and am thankful for your willingness to write these wonderful words for us to read.
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo Ann what a super card and so beautifully photographed well done.
    Thank you for joining us at our :
    "Through The Craft Room Door" Challenge this time and good luck.
    Hugs Elaine DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and uplifting card - thanks for sharing for the Fab 'n' Funky 'for the girls' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, love how you finished off the inside as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Frosted designs Punch challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and do love the bird houses...Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers this month and hope we see you again soon. Good Luck..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it!! Thanks so much for participating in the Sister Act Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, love your image, beautifully coloured and your colour combination on your card is fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us today

    Lin xx
    Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card with a beautiful image and great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Good Luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much work has gone into this beautiful card, thank you for joining the Punch Challenge at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the toppling birdhouse, thankyou for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine Challenge - Lynn DT :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a cute stamp! Love the dodling detail, too!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally cute card you made! Thanks for joining us at BearlyMineChallenge!
    Have a wonderful day :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is fabulous, love that bird house image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is soooo pretty!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have made a wonderful card here. Perfect. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “birds of a feather” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card!! amazing work, just beautiful thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  31. And this is also a lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at My Heart Pieces!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...