THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scripture Series: Be Kind to One Another Card---Get Ready for Another Inspiring Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Good morning, everybody!  It's the middle of the week and it's time for a new Challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  I've been in the DT world for about 3 months and about a month at Word Art Wednesday but it's still weird for me to make a card/several cards in a week...It usually takes me 2 weeks or longer before posting a new card...LOL But I am thankful that I get to join the DT world because now, I am getting more projects done and the motivation to inspire people is really high.  It's extremely difficult at times when the creative juice is not readily available but for me personally, I realize that those were the times I actually create wonderful projects because the creativity comes from way beyond me.  It's those times when God takes over and make something beautiful with what I have.  I admire people that plan their lay-outs and know exactly what they want to make but in my case, starting with coloring the image; everything is at that moment.  Colors and color combos, patterned papers, embellishments and lay-outs are laid out as I go.  I am often amazed when I get done and find out how things work out beautifully.  Then I know, Jesus is always with me...

So, here's my card for your inspiration today at Word Art Wednesday.  As always, we are highlighting the scriptures and it's in Ephesians 4:32.  You can download it for free at our Challenge site and you can use it wherever you may see fit or create a project with it and join us at our Challenge.  However,  you can also join us by using any uplifting sentiment in your project.  Here, I used this wonderful rubber stamp image from Penny Black that I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor/Spectrum Noir markers.  I used an A7 Kraft (pre-cut) base card from Paper Studio, chose 3 DP's from K & Company and CS with the colors brown, aqua blue and medium green for matting.  I used several of my Nestabilities dies to cut the frame and circles, layered and glittered some Prima flowers after attaching some ribbons and placed gems of various sizes in the flowers and all over the card and envelope.  And lastly, I stitched all over this card.  I enjoyed every minute of the creative process which took several hours but well worth the time.  This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

1.    Simon Says Stamp featuring "Dies and/or Punches"
2.    Daisy Doodles featuring "Autumn (Golds and Browns)" 
3.    Make it Monday featuring "Anything Goes" 
4.    Divas by Design featuring "Anything Goes" 
5.    Papelitos featuring "Anything Goes" 
6.    Craftymess featuring "Anything Goes" 
7.    Totally Gorjuss featuring "Anything Goes" 
8.    Crafty Bloggers Network featuring "Anything Goes" 
9.    Victorine Stamps featuring "Lots of Layers"
10.  Deep Ocean featuring "Anything Goes" 
11.  Crafts and Me featuring "Anything Goes" 
12.  Delicious Doodles featuring "Flowers" 
13.  Lollipop Crafts featuring "Something old-Something new" (old-flowers/gems  new-image)
14.  Cutie Pie featuring "Use a Digi"  (Sentiment used is a digi)
15.  Sparkle and Glitter featuring "Sparkle and Glitter" 
16.  Tuesday Alchemy featuring "Anything Goes" 
17.  Crafty Sentiments featuring "Anything Goes" 
18.  Stampin' for the  Weekend featuring "Feeling Floral"


BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER CARD:


 BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER CARD LAYERS:


 BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER CARD INSIDE:


BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER CARD WITH ENVELOPE:

I truly love the inspiration behind this verse: LOVE and FORGIVENESS!  These two words are easier said than done but the moment we receive the "Agape (Self-Sacrificing)" love that Jesus is freely giving us and understand the unselfish nature of God, our Almighty Father, it will be wrong for us to not love nor to forgive!  Jesus laid out a great example of how it is to love our neighbors, to do good to those that persecute us  (Romans 12:14:16) and to pray for those that seeks to hurt us (Luke 6:28).  A lot of times we run into problems with our family, friends and even the ones closest to us like parents, siblings or best friends.  It is important to live this verse in our hearts so that when tempted with pride, we can quickly refer to this verse and strive to patch things up.  It is very difficult to say "Sorry" but once we put it into practice, we'll realize that the peace and comfort  of obeying God's word is well worth any pride.  Hugs and great blessing to y'all!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge, good luck cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your bright and cheery style-great job-Thanks for joining us at sparkled and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Jo Ann, love the colours you've used
    thanks for joining the sparkle and glitter challenge blog
    hugs
    Miranda
    EDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow JoAnn your card is adorable. Love the images you used and your coloring is FAB!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy and we hope you will join us again.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    PS - I am having a blog candy give away for Breast Cancer Awareness month if you would like to join in. Love your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Jo Ann. Love how you've layered it all. And that very is really important. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colours you used, gorgeous card thanks for joining in the sparkle and Glitter challenge blog
    ;-) Monique EDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww so cute. Thanks for playing with us at Sparkle and Glitter challenge.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sparkly creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Sparkle and glitter challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is so sweet, what a cute card. Thanks for playing on our First Sparkle and Glitter with Rick Challenge, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous card. Love your beautiful coloring and great layout. Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday this week.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabulous project - Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week for our anything goes challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to practice this with someone close to me this morning. I prayed that I will have the grace to forgive and God gave it. At first I did not want to forgive and God knew it! But when I softened my heart, he melted my hard anger away! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is darling image is perfect for showcasing the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card!!! Love the cute image and your color combination. It's so cheerful, I know it will brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Jo Ann, so sweet and beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo Ann, what a lovely gift for someone special. Love the stitch detail. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD

    ReplyDelete
  17. great card love the image thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...