THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not a Card But My First Handmade Crochet Baby Blanket...

Hey there...I'm back the 2nd time around today after posting the Baby Shower Card I made for a friend.  As promised, I am going to show you another gift I made for her (aside from the card and few other goodies).  She's having a boy so, after receiving her Baby Shower invitation which was a week from the event (Phew, this project was rushed), I decided I'd make a Crochet Baby Blanket.  I made crochet flowers before and currently making a crochet bed cover for us (nowhere near finish...LOL) but I made this in my spare time in one week...I am amazed I did it (of course with a couple of sleepless nights)!  When we finally got to see each other during the event, my friend liked it and was surprised I made it for her...Everyone could not believe I could make such a nice project for they know I was more into Cardmaking more than anything else.  I was so happy I got to do one and she said "I can tell this is going to be one of my favorite blankets to wrap around my baby."  Oh what an honor!  I thank God for the strength on those days and for the talent He has given...I love you, Jesus!  So, here are the pics:


 HANDMADE CROCHET BABY BLANKET (BOY):


 HANDMADE CROCHET BABY BLANKET (BOY) SPREAD OUT:


HANDMADE CROCHET BABY BLANKET (BOY) IN MY FRIEND'S HANDS:

By the way, I made the blanket using more than half of the "Pound of Love" Lion Brand Yarn and if you notice in the picture, it's the size of a regular ottoman.  I used V-stiches, double crochets and single crochets with a J/10 hook.  Okay, this is all for now and hope to hear your comments too.  Have a fun week...Lovelots!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blue blanket. You did excellent! I would have never guessed it was your first blanket. I barely managed to make one nice little flower lol. Amazed by all of your talent. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...