THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, February 1, 2016

Old School Birthday Card---Join the Backporch Gang at 613 Avenue Create for Another Anything Goes Challenge!

Hi there, Crafty Friends!  This is coming out a day late but just want to invite you to join in our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create for an Anything Goes with an Optional Twist (Use Something from your Stash).  It's amazing how we are already in the second month of the year and I am amazed at how days are flying by so fast.  Everyday I wake up, I am thankful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to be a part of His purpose in this world.  It does not matter whether my day is good or bad nor if I'm happy or sad.  He remains perfectly faithful to His call in my life and right on track with His plans He revealed to us in the Scripture.  Psalm 33:10-12 tells us, "The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance."  

Isn't it amazing that all the things happening around us has already been foretold by our Maker?  This should come as no surprise to everyone as God in His Omniscience knows the end from the beginning.  Before anything ever came to existence, He already knew its every detail and have made the necessary actions/solutions to every circumstance His creation would create in accordance to His divine will.  Isaiah 46:9-10 says, "Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." It baffles me how many can even think they are smarter than the God who made them?  If we consider the things we don't have power over, that alone should put us all in our place.  The truth of the matter is that we are finite beings who has been given life and the ability to choose by an infinite God who created us to live in His Truth by discovering the purpose He already set for us through Him and for Him.  As much as we would like to credit ourselves for the accomplishments or failures in our lives, none of that will ever transpire had God not given us the opportunity to live each day, patiently waiting for us to acknowledge our need for Him.  I truly pray that we open our hearts and silence all the voices that tells us how good we are and consider the hand of God that sustains us daily.  John 15:45 tells us, "Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  We cannot do anything if that beating heart ceased working and waking up is not possible!  We don't have to go further than our own mortality to realize that we are NOT IN CONTROL!  There is a GOD who created us with a purpose!  He revealed Himself not only through His creation and His written Word (The Bible) but through His One and Only Son---JESUS CHRIST!  We look at Him and we can see the Father (our Creator)!  John 14:8-11 revealed to us, "Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.  Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves."

Friends, it is of utmost importance that we place our hope in the One True God especially in these great times of trials and division in our country.  We are no longer to concern ourselves with just our own existence but realize that we are part of a bigger picture.  Without placing our trust  in Jesus Christ in whose Gospel (death, burial and resurrection) fulfilled at the Cross for those that believe, there is no other salvation left for anyone!  No matter what news I wake up to each morning, I have an unwavering confidence that God has complete control over anything and everything.  I am blessed that I can be part of His solution to a dying world by simply believing in His Word, declaring His power through prayer and intercession, walking in His Truth and standing firm no matter what.  Just want to share the following Scriptures to encourage us to live each day with joy and confidence knowing GOD IS IN CONTROL!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." (Isaiah 55:8-11)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ. In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 
who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:3-14)

For this Card, I used a rubber cling image from Heidi Grace and a sentiment from Studio G.  The base is a pre-cut A7 card with an envelope from Paper Studio.  The DP's are from Recollections.  I added some Washi Tape from Recollections and pierced the top panel using EK Success Cutter Bee Bugs.  Simply wonderful!

                                                  OLD SCHOOL BIRTHDAY CARD:


                                             OLD SCHOOL BIRTHDAY CARD LAYERS:


                                             OLD SCHOOL BIRTHDAY CARD INSIDE:


                                      OLD SCHOOL BIRTHDAY CARD WITH ENVELOPE:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Lacy Sunshine---ATG
Crafting When We Can---Celebrating Any Occasion
Paper Nest Dolls---ATG
Artistic Inspirations---ATG/Valentine
Crafting from the Heart---ATG
Craft Your Passion---ATG
Not Just Cards---ATG
Our Crafty Corner---ATG
Moo-Mania---Use Your Scraps
Creative Card Crew---ATG 
Retarte---ATG


This it for now, guys.  Make sure to join us at our neighborhood---613 Avenue Create---for an Anything Goes Challenge.  If you want to be challenged (like I was), take on the Optional Twist.  But there's really no reason for you to miss it.  Our sponsors---Ppinky Dolls and Toadstool Printables are giving away some fabulous prizes.  Can't wait to see what you create. The Lord is with you every step of the way so, don't be afraid of the what the future holds---we are safe in the arms of Christ always.

13 comments:

  1. Love your words of wisdom Jo Ann - it's so wonderful to know that God is in control!!
    Your wonderful card is so dramatic - the black and white and layers are stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the checkered background. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun- love the simplicity of the black and white. Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine's ATG's challenge.
    Amy- DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine!
    Hugs
    Sandra (CT Coordinator)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing card! Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More with it!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful card. I love the mixed black&white.
    Thank you for joining us at Retarte#69
    Maria Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great use of B&W with one other color, and fabulous design! Thanks for playing in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great words and fabulous design. Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and sweet sentiment, I love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cranf your Passion
    DT Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super card and a great design.Just love those little details like the washi tape and piercing.Lovely words too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Preciosa composicion monocromatica... Gracias por participar con nosotras en RETARTE de Stampartpapel...Feliz semana. Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...