THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Scripture Series: Seek His Face Continually Cards---Family Friendly Challenge Happening at Word Art Wednesday!

Good Wednesday morning everybody.  Here I am to bring you today's Scripture Word Art (free to download at the WAW site) as an inspiration to this week's Family Friendly Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  I was watching a video on using Distress inks for watercoloring and since I have a load of these inks, I decided to give it a quick try.  I got a couple of Stampin' Up stamps that I got from a Thrift store and haven't used yet.  I thought of practicing with these small images but was not thinking on using them for any project.  Truthfully, I was not even planning on submitting a project for WAW since it's the week of mine and my son's birthdays and we have a lot of things planned.   But after I was coloring, I was amazed with how pretty the images turned out.  I am definitely not an expert on this coloring technique but I believe God showed me that what I meant for scrap could still be made into something truly beautiful. 

Many of us have lived a life at some point that we consider unworthy of remembering.  We often call them our lowest points.  It's hard to be caught in one of those situations when we don't have a God to see us through.  Those moments can be triggered heavily by our emotions and when we are overwhelmed with pain and grief, we often do unwise things.  But God is faithful and true!  I know what I am saying because many years ago, I experienced it.  When I was not thinking about God and concentrating on my grief, He protected me and preserved me from myself.  He clothed me with his boundless love till all that was left was to allow Him to show me the true beauty that He sees in me that was clouded by my messed up life.  Like what he showed me while making today's project, not everything that we consider trash are meant to be thrown away.  No matter how sad those moments had been, it helped me realized the great work God has accomplished in my life.  We have to find the beauty from every experience---happy or sad---and see the glory of the Lord shine as we allow Him to take over.  To give our lives to Him is what makes a great deal of difference!  The Word of God declares in Romans 8:28-30, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."  What an amazing God we serve.  I love it when He gives me lessons like this out of everyday experience.  Tell me God is not speaking?

Today's free Scripture Word Art comes from 1 Chronicles 16:11 and it says, "Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually."  There's so much more to God than our minds can even begin to understand.  In His love and grace, He gave us the ability to think and choose so that we can discover a portion of Him daily.  In His creation, His written Word, His personal revelation of Jesus Christ and the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit, He made known to us His ways and how we are to successfully operate in His Kingdom.  Our faith in Christ is the "Sole Key" to enter the gates of His presence and  to eternally be with Him.  Let us be wise in using our time here on earth to know the God whom we will be spending forever with.  What we do with our earthly lives will weigh heavily in our eternal existence.  Seek the Lord, seek His face while there is time...Time is closing in on us very quickly and if we want everlasting life, Jesus and His finished work at the Cross is the Only Way.  Don't do it for anybody else---do it for you!  In these days of hostility to the Gospel (death, burial and the resurrection of Christ) and great rebellion and blindness of mankind, He is  the "Only Light" that shines in darkness.  Let us focus in Christ for only our faith in Him will lead us through the madness that is hovering our nation and the entire world.  One day, He will save us from all these insanity but until then, let us take to heart what the Word of God tells us in Ephesians 6:10-13, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

For this Card, I stamped the images in Watercolor paper and used several Distress inks, brush and water to color my  images.  I am truly loving the watercolor technique.  Though my first choice would always be coloring with markers, it does not hurt to try other coloring mediums like this one or the Gamsol technique.  They all give different flavor to my projects.  The base is white, A7 size cards and envelopes, from  Paper Studio.  I stitched over the top panels and stamped the same images to the envelope and I was done.  Though I love layered cards, there's always a soft spot in my heart for CAS projects.  I am truly happy with these make.  Thank you, Lord!


SEEK HIS FACE CONTINUALLY CARDS WITH ENVELOPES:


SEEK HIS FACE CONTINUALLY CARD (FLOWERS):


SEEK HIS FACE CONTINUALLY CARD (LEAVES):


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

2 Crafty Chicks---ATG
Crafting Musketeers---Autumnal Colors
Digi Galore---ATG
Lia Stampz---ATG
Our Creative Corner---Shades of Autumn
Petal Lu---ATG
Sisters of Craft---ATG
Your Scrapbook Place---ATG


Have an awesome day everyone and looking forward to see your wonderful projects linked at our WAW Blog.  It will be nice to see the featured Word Art in your Challenge project but not mandatory.  As long as it's family friendly, inspirational and uplifting, you are free to link up to 5 projects.  Our sponsors for this week are Bugaboo Digi Stamps (Digis) and Classy Cards 'N Such ($15 GC).  Just want to tell you how much God loves you and wants to have fellowship with you if you'd allow Him.  Hugs and blessing, everyone! 

11 comments:

  1. Your cards are simply stunning. Isn't it fun to do something out of your comfort zone (watercoloring) and you find out how much fun it is. And then, your project is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous, Jo Ann! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your wonderful comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise words Jo Ann - God's redemption is so complete that, at times, we cannot truly appreciate it from our flawed perspective.
    Beautiful cards - love the simplicity of the design, letting the scripture take the eye.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your CAS card is beautiful !!! The verse blessed me too!! Thank you very much for stopping by my blog and your wise words !!! GBYM !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Ann
    Your desire to take a risk even during this busy week has produced two very beautiful cards. I enjoy your posts as much as your art. Happy Birthday to you and you precious son. Hugs Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card with beautiful wording thank you for joining us at Crafting musketeers x Paula Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Jo Ann! Beautiful colours and its great how your flowers and leaves pop out from white background! Thank you for join us at Our Creative Corner!
    Best wishes from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous...... thank you so much for sharing with us at Petal Lu.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...