THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, April 23, 2012

Scripture Series: FAITH--Impossible is Possible Card...

 Hello there, Crafty Guys and Gals...Today, I will be featuring a card that I made for a friend who celebrated his birthday just recently.  He underwent trials in his life that confined him in a wheelchair, unable to walk .  The Lord Jesus had been blessing his family and though still waiting for the manifestation of the healing in the physical realm (it's already won in the spiritual as the Bible says:  By the stripes  of Jesus, we are healed...1 Peter 2:24), we are all fully convinced we'll see him walking again.  So, what better message to give him on his birthday but the one's in this card?  BTW, I was pretty challenged again on how to come up with a "manly" card.  I always think it should be a combination of subdued colors, simple with some type of metals...LOL  So here, I used a stamp from Studio 112 for both the image and the sentiment on the outside of the card. I used black embossing powder to get that crisp black, raised images. The base is a Kraft CS and I dry embossed the top panel with Tim Holtz Alterations.  Hmm, quite dramatic!  Love the crisp embossing. I added a nice ribbon and attached black eyelets for added dimension.  And finally I printed the inside message (taken from no other than the Bible) and voila...a birthday, encouragement, and simple manly card with an attitude.  I am pretty happy with this and so as my friend. This Card is entered into the following Challenges:



FAITH--IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE CARD:


 FAITH--IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE CARD LAYERS: 


 FAITH--IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE CARD INSIDE: 


FAITH--IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE CARD WITH ENVELOPE: 

I always believe that I am making cards not just for the fun of it but to know the main purpose of why I spend my time (many sleepless nights, even) doing what I do.  My desire is to share God's word...a message of hope, reconciliation, joy, friendship, love and laughter to anyone whose going to receive it/them.  Nothing beats the joy I feel when someone receives my card, appreciates the design and effort but most importantly, receives spiritual encouragement that feeds their spirit.  Oh yes, that's why I do what I do!  Oh Father God, thanks for your continuous inspiration.  I just love you with all my heart...

13 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fabulous and I love how you've done the matching envelope. BEAUTIFUL work! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and totally unique. Thanks for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!

    thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles for our ” Men Only ” challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon
    Good luck in the draw

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the Faith stamp. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stamp and the wonderful embossing, thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is beautiful - I love the sentiment on the outside, but not as much as the wording on the inside! You are AWESOME!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images Blog.
    Jen Leeflang
    Shelly's Image DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies...ladies...ladies! Thanks for the awesome comments you left for this card. Just know that I appreciate y'all! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley this time, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx-
    p.s I have lovely candy on offer if you would like to enter, its on my sidebar at www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, love the matching envelope and the stamp. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time and good luck!
    Jo x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at DVC
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at The ABC.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...