THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Fun Birthday Card for a Little Boy...

A blessed day, fellow Crafters!  I made this card as per request from a friend who wants to send her nephew a card for his 6th Birthday...My friend trusted me to make her something cool for this occasion and I believe she was all happy with the way this turned up...Why is it that most of my stuff are for girly-girls so, finding stuff  and concept that will be good for a boy is very challenging...Nevertheless, this is what I came up with. I also entered this card in this Challenge blogs:



SIDESTEP BOY-ZOO BIRTHDAY CARD:
This is becoming one of my favorite styles in card making.  It's just a lot of fun and the finish product is always delightful to look at.  I used my Recollection set for all the animals (first time I used them after several months on the shelf...LOL) and the boy image is from Whipper Snapper designs.  I colored them with Bic/Sharpie Markers except for the boy's face and arms...colored with Gamsol technique.  I cut them one by one and mat them too.  The grasses were die-cut from Sizzix borders in 2 different green CS...I combined the number and the sentiment due to lack of space and it actually turned well.  The fun part of all  was putting them altogether to make a nice concept.


SIDESTEP BOY-ZOO BIRTHDAY CARD (SIDE VIEW):
I really love the faces of the animals...They are all so cute especially that monkey waving at me...LOL


SIDESTEP BOY-ZOO BIRTHDAY CARD (TOP VIEW):


SIDESTEP BOY-ZOO BIRTHDAY CARD  WITH ENVELOPE:
 I had to make the envelope .25-inch thick to accommodate this card and it fits perfectly...So satisfied with this and my friend loved it too.

Anyway, this is all I got for now, folks!  Thanks for all your support in visiting my blog and appreciate all the comments.  Please keep them coming!  Today, look around you and see all the wonderful things that God has made and use that as an inspiration to get to know the Creator more than ever before (Romans 1:20)...Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...