THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Saturday, January 23, 2010

I joined my very first challenge...

Hi Everyone! Finally, I am able to get this out (last minute...LOL) for the Dustin Pike Doodledragon Studio Challenge. All I need to do is use any Dustin Pike image (which I love a lot) to enter...Last night I was browsing at the Cricut MB and found details about the Easel Card and I fell in love with the style. The fact that the card can stand on it's own and can be displayed by the recipient is awesome (Kudos to the one who invented this). So, here's what I come up with. I cut the tree, it's layers and shadow off the SYI cartridge at 4 inches and just layered them (I used mostly DCWV card stock for the printed papers and other brands for the solid colors). The brown corner border using Cuttlebug and colored this Dino image using Sharpie and Bic Markers. The "Wild About You" words were made using acrylic paints and attached using pop dots for added dimension. I like how it turned out and hope you enjoy it too. (The brad is made by me using the I-top which holds the card in place for the Easel effect).




This is how it should look like when you hand it over to someone you love. My card is sized 5.5 X 4.25 inches. I used 3/4 of a standard size card stock (8.5 X 11"). You can make it using your own measurements and you can see a lot of tutorial about this online. Simple to make unless you want it complicated...I think I got carried away with mine...LOL




To make it more special, there's a special place for you to write your personal message (you have to slide your card all the way through).




Close-up of the pretty Dustin Pike Image and how I colored it...I also used white gelly roll pen to accentuate the images, a pretty red ribbon, a fence border punch from MS Punch and some red heart gems...



I really enjoyed doing this although creating it took me hours mainly because I don't have things planned ahead. I plan as I go. Okay, let me know what you think...I sure love to have your input...

9 comments:

  1. so cute! Your coloring is great.You also have a nice blog. I'm glad I came to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card...so cute and the colors are fantastic! Thanks for asking for followers...love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS! I think it's my favorite from all the cards entered into his challenge. GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous!!! You really did a fantastic job! TFS!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh guys, you are all so sweet to me. Thanks for taking the time to write me a comment...I really love hearing from you. Your comments help motivate me to so some more and how I wish I can get more time to do some projects so that I can post more here. God bless y'all and hope to hear more from ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Jo Ann! You did a fantastic job coloring the image, and the card is just terrific! Thanks for playing in the Doodle Dragon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card! Love the coloring. You did an awesome job with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Cheri and Sharon for checking my blog and the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh I love this!!! Beautiful job!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...